True Colorz is your web source for all things YA in the LGBTQ community! Our blog features new releases, featured authors, interviews, and reviews/recommended reading.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Featured Author: Michael Chulsky

CAPTION
Michael Chulsky started writing in the fourth grade and hasn’t stopped since. When not writing, he enjoys watching anime or playing video games. He currently lives in the heart of New Jersey with his fiancĂ© of four years and a sassy cat who thinks she runs the place.

Connect with Michael Chulsky on Twitter @MichaelChulsky or visit his website: http://michaelchulskywrites.blogspot.com.

Q&A with Author Michael Chulsky:

  1. What are your writing goals for the next five years?

    I’m a very goal oriented person. I don’t believe in simply reaching “the bar” I like to shoot higher than the bar and set it. I’m planning on writing five or six novels this year, and then two or three for the following years.

  2. Hmm…this is a difficult question. I could go for the naughty answer or the nice answer. I guess I’ll go for the nice answer, seeing as how Christmas is right around the corner! :P

    If I could have one superpower, I would want the power of healing. I would love nothing more than going around and healing the sick, curing the blind, etc. I’m a people person (which is odd, considering I have social anxiety and the idea of being in a crowd is like a knife being jammed into my aorta) but I like helping people. I like to do my best to help and make them feel comfortable. It’s just who I am.

    If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?

  3. Tell us about your cover design for The Descending Darkness. Is there any symbolism from the story reflected in the cover?

    Let me just say, the cover was an endeavor. I think making, what I felt was the perfect cover, was more difficult than actually writing the book! Can you believe it?

    I wanted the cover to perfectly capture the elements in the story. You have the ocean: calm on the bottom but the farther you look into the distance, the rougher it gets. The sky is light on one side and clear, but when you look to the left it becomes stormy and there’s lighting and it’s starting to become very dark. And then you have the clouds, which give way to the main villain, Maedara, who rests at the top of the cover. She’s faded and gazing out, over the chaos. It fits her personality perfectly.

  4. If you could travel back in time and tell the teenage you one thing, what would it be?

    I’d tell him to have more fun. I’d tell him that he shouldn’t be so sad all of the time because in a short time things are going to get SO much better. In only two years, he’ll find a wonderful man who will become his fiancĂ© and help him soar. And he’ll get that pesky novel that he’s been working so hard on published. And he’ll become part of the writing community and he’ll make hundreds of brilliant author friends and won’t have to be so lonely anymore.

  5. What other interests do you have outside of writing?

    I spend a lot of time on Tumblr, so I guess that’s an interest. :P

    Otherwise; I love listening to music, reading, playing video games (like World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, etc) and watching Netflix.

Now Available from Michael Chulsky:

The Descending Darkness After going from demon hunter to babysitter, seventeen-year-old SHADOW has truly hit rock bottom. One week he’s slaughtering demons, and the next he has ten super-powered teenagers in his care. Shadow needs them, because without them he can’t hope to defeat his new foe. But he’s never dealt with other teenagers before. He never had a real childhood. He’s always been a loner. Hell, he’s tried the whole having-a-pet thing. It died.

Shadow’s mission: save the world and ensure his entire team survives the potential apocalypse. If MAEDARA, self-proclaimed fashionista and Queen of Evil, wasn’t trying to rule the world, it’d be cake. Now, not only does Shadow have to deal with teens more concerned with going to the mall than fighting evil, but also a villain, who in his opinion, makes Lady Gaga look like Mother Theresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment